The 500 Hidden Secrets of Tokyo
new updated edition, 2019.
Yukiko Tajima was born and bred in Tokyo. She worked as an editor for a publisher in the UK for some years and then moved back to Tokyo, where she now works as an English-Japanese translator for the Japan Foundation. In this new guide she shares 500 addresses and places that many tourists don't know, a bit off the beaten track sometimes, but always loved by the locals and worth a visit, such as:
- the 5 best restaurants to discover Japanese regional cuisine
- 5 shops with the most beautiful kimono's
- 5 wonderful natural hotsprings
- 5 places for Haruki Murakami fans
- the 5 best Japanese teahouses
- and much more.